On Jan 20, 10:06 am, "Hugh Winkler" <hwink...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Inside FP, outside FP, all I want is no surprises.

I agree, this is confusing for new users.  Especially given the
counter-intuitive (for a new person) way the REPL forces evaluation of
everything, making everything seem to be eager when it's not.  This
aspect of Clojure is very different from most languages, including
other Lisps, and the kinds of errors it can produce are often silent
and hard to figure out.

Some documentation loudly proclaiming the laziness of map and friends,
the importance of dorun/doall/doseq, and the potential pitfalls of
laziness would be helpful.  Perhaps as an FAQ entry if nothing else?