> No offense here to Lispers but when I learn a new language, I try to learn
> it as it is and I make parallels
> and connections with what I know at the moment. Otherwise you end up
> learning more than one thing
> at the same time and it can get quite confusing.
>
> If your experience is made mostly of  "conventional" languages this path
> should be easier.
> After that if you are curious you can give a closer look to the Lisp
> heritage.
>
> Luc

No arguments with most of what you say of course. However I'm not sure what
I used to know from "conventional" languages helps much with concepts like
macros or dynamic vars or multimethods.  In fact most of my time learning
Lisp has been like "Holy ****! If only I had this tool/concept 4 years ago!
I've been swindled!" ;)

David