> If there's only one with-open it can be reasonably simple to pass the
> consumer into that context (though from ring it's pretty convoluted, due to
> needing to pass control to ring first).

Creating streamed ring responses can be kind of tricky. In my experience,
there are two patterns, that work well:

1) Feeding a PipedInputStream from a new thread:

(let [os (PipedOutputStream.)
      is (PipedInputStream. os)]
  (future (with-open [rs ...]
            (write-to! os rs)))
  {:body is})

2) Use a ring adapter that allows some form of asynchronous response. E.g.
with the new ring 1.6 model

{:body (reify ring.core.protocols/StreamableResponseBody
         (write-body-to-stream [_ _ output-stream]
(with-open [rs ...
os output-stream]
(write-to! os rs))))}