Distributed System/Clojure Senior/Staff Software Engineer (Contract to
possible hire)

The main requirement for this position is strong experience with Clojure
and Java on Linux.
Must be fluent in Mandarin for technical communication (written and
verbal).  May consider
limited Clojure experience if we have no candidates with both Mandarin and
Clojure.

Huawei is a $60B telecom / enterprise IT networking solution provider that
is ranked #1 globally and
serves 45 out of the top 50 operators.

Huawei is using various distributed systems to build its cloud solution.
Test these systems’ reliability is
import for the quality of our offering. We believe this is a great
opportunity to become an expert in exciting
new cloud infrastructure technology.

RESPONSIBILITIES:

This position will be a key member of a small team building cloud testing
framework and libraries. He/she
will participate in the core system design and development. Our target
system will build a set of core
libraries to test various cloud components.  Testing is done using the
Jepsen framework.

JOB REQUIREMENTS:

The ideal candidate will have the following:

- 5+ years proven records on infrastructure level software development
experience.

- 3+ years Clojure development experience.

- 3+ years Java development experience.

- Comfortable working in open source communities

- Linux platform programming experience is a big plus.

- Linux container or Docker experience is a big plus.

- Any experience with or knowledge of Jepsen is a big plus.