I agree. There’s been a lot of hand-wringing about the potential impending
“Slackpocalypse” and it seems like some people think this is a problem that
needs to be “solved” (by consensus) – but, despite a lot of conversations (in
the #community-development channel on the Clojurians Slack primarily), no
“perfect solution” has yet been agreed… and to be honest that’s very unlikely
to happen: different people have different criteria for what is acceptable.

Putting on my Clojurians Admin Hat, what I’d like to see happen here is for
each proposed “solution”:

Post a new thread on this mailing list with a subject “Slack alternative?
<insert name of system here>” – with a brief overview of what the system is,
what platforms it runs on (including native mobile if available) and, most
importantly, how to sign up and try it out for Clojure-related chatter. Please
include links to the service/product and other stuff you think is relevant ☺

Until folks actually go and sign up and try out each service, we’re not going
to make progress.

As folks try each service, they can provide feedback in the relevant thread –
both positive as well as negative (constructively) please!

We’re almost certainly not going to find a replacement for Slack (or any other
communications medium) but we may find several new, additional ways to
communicate as a community.

Sean Corfield -- (970) FOR-SEAN -- (904) 302-SEAN

-- Margaret Atwood

On 5/23/17, 6:22 PM, "Colin Yates" <clojure@googlegroups.com on behalf of