It's been a couple of years, but (from what I remember) it works great.

Immutant (or maybe it's wildfly?) has an option to deploy "exploded .WAR
files."

I'm very fuzzy on the details, but it seems like the basic choices were
either:
1) deploy an uberwar with AOT (advantage: faster startup time)
2) deploy the exploded version, which was really the source tree. This
approach let you update the .clj files on the fly.

We had problems with the AOT version. I think they stemmed from library
version conflicts, but it's been long enough that I can't swear to it.