Hi Toby:

We start working on Vert.x Clojure implementation
https://github.com/chengenzhao/vertx-lang-clojure
and for now we have made some progresses
now we could generate "Hello from Vert.x!" example and deploy
ClojureVerticle and the clojure code wrapper is almost there

(ns examples.simple-http-server)

(require
 '[io.vertx.clojure.core :as vertx.core]
 '[io.vertx.clojure.vertx :as vertx.vertx]
 '[io.vertx.clojure.http-server :as server]
 '[io.vertx.clojure.http-server-request :as request]
 '[io.vertx.clojure.http-server-response :as response])

(defn handle-request [req]
  (response/end
   (request/response req)
   "Hello from Vert.x!"))

(defn start [vertx]
  do
  (def http-server (vertx.vertx/create-http-server vertx))
  (server/request-handler http-server (vertx.core/handler handle-request))
  (server/listen http-server 8080))

as you posted two or three years
ago, https://groups.google.com/forum/?fromgroups=#!topic/vertx/0X5hSlAHw18
and for now, do you still have time to help us like give us a roadmap or
checklist to complete the Vert.x language support?

Thanks