Here's the minimal profile.clj

(defproject foobar "0.1.0-SNAPSHOT"
  :description "foobar explorer"
  :url ""
  :license {:name "Eclipse Public License"
            :url "http://www.eclipse.org/legal/epl-v10.html"}
  :dependencies [[org.clojure/clojure "1.9.0"]]
  :main ^:skip-aot foobar.core
  :target-path "target/%s"
  :profiles {:uberjar {:aot :all}}
  )

and core.clj

(ns foobar.core
  (:gen-class)
  )

(defn -main
  "I don't do a whole lot ... yet."
  [& args]
  (println "Hello, World!"))

which produces

$ lein repl
Exception in thread "main" clojure.lang.ExceptionInfo: Call to
clojure.core/ns did not conform to spec: