Given that Datomic Cloud is just a different implementation for the Client
API you could use an on-prem or in memory transactor for the dev/test
environments. I think aside from performance and load testing there's no
good reason to run tests on a solo instance.

Gal Dolber
+1 (702) 748-9859 <+1.702.748.9859>
CTO @Zuldi