It's like finding that extra birthday present that got lost under the
couch. Sorry we added more stuff?

(copying this from stuff I wrote elsewhere)... Lots of people have built
things like datafy already in an ad hoc or specialized way, but without the
benefit of a common shared protocol to do so. If you look inside prn,
you'll see basically this same kind of thing and prn is an example of
something that could be rewritten to leverage this facility.

As always, we want to work with data. But there are a lot of complexities
in dealing with a mixture of Java objects and data, or objects that need to
be lazily traversed, or data that's coming from external sources, or data
with cycles in the graphs, etc. datafy has enough hooks via metadata and
protocols to handle all of those complexities.

If you don't how you would use this, you may not have this kind of a
problem. There are certainly many people writing this kind of thing already.