Hi,

I've started learning Clojure and I am creating a simple web application
using Compojure and Ring.
I have refs defined in my core.clj like this:

(def my-ref1 (ref {}))
(def my-ref2 (ref {}))
(def my-ref3 (ref 0))

And in my handler.clj, I call the functions from my core namespace that
change those refs inside a dosync.

The problem is: I've created tests for my handler and for my core, when I
ran each of them separately, everything works fine.
But when I ran

lein test

I get errors for my handler-test, because my refs were modified by the
core-test and this messes up my expected results.

Besides that problem, I wonder if there is a proper way of defining those
refs in ring initialization.

What is the proper way of initializing refs in a project?

Thank you,
Thais