Hi folks

Clojurists Together <https://www.clojuriststogether.org> is an organisation
dedicated to funding and supporting open source software, infrastructure,
and documentation that is important to the Clojure and ClojureScript
community. In the last 12 months we've funded
<https://www.clojuriststogether.org/projects/> improvements to DataScript,
Kaocha, cljdoc, Shadow CLJS, CIDER, ClojureScript, clj-http, and Figwheel.

We've just finished surveying our members on what they see
<https://www.clojuriststogether.org/news/q1-2019-survey-results/>as
important for our next funding round.

The main things people were interested in: developer experience tools
(55%), build tooling (52%), documentation (49%), error messages (44%), IDE
support (35%), test tooling (30%), linters (30%), and data
analysis/processing frameworks (26%).

Specific projects mentioned were CIDER, Clojure.spec, Re-frame, REPLs,
Leiningen, Hiccup, Reagent, Aleph, Re-natal, Figwheel, LightTable, and
Datahike.

If you maintain a Clojure project, especially one in the areas of focus, or
a named project, please consider applying for funding.

One of the things Clojurists Together was designed to support is the work
that isn't fun to do. These are things like tracking down hard to reproduce
bugs, maintenance to follow upstream dependencies, reviewing large
pull-requests, thinking about/tackling large thorny problems, and the other
slog work which is important but not fun. If you've got a project with work
like that that you've been putting off, we want to fund you to work on it.
Of course we also want to fund projects to implement new features, but
please don't think that just because you don't think your work isn't
exciting that you shouldn't apply.

You can apply at https://www.clojuriststogether.org/open-source/. *Applications
close on 15th Jan*, Midnight PST, and the Q1 funding round goes from
February 1 - April 31.

If you'd like help preparing an application, or have any more questions,
you can contact me or any of the team
<https://www.clojuriststogether.org/team/>.

Thanks, Daniel.