I'm using cider 0.18.0 (which is sweet) and emacs.

I just created a new buffer inside a new directory, and it generated the
preliminary ns form for me (also sweet).

The path to the file under my source directory is
"shared/connection-test.cljc".

The symbol of the ns that it generated is ".shared.connection-test".

I haven't seen that leading dot before. My first reaction was "That can't
be legal." But, so far, the compiler doesn't seem to mind.

Does anyone have a pointer to docs that explain what's going on?

Thanks,
James