I haven't used lein-package but I am surprised it doesn't handle this case.
This issue I think describes a similar use case, perhaps it helps you?
https://github.com/pliant/lein-package/issues/9

`lein deploy` has a long form which accepts arbitrary filenames:

$ lein help deploy
Deploy jar and pom to remote repository.

The target repository will be looked up in :repositories in project.clj:

  :repositories [["snapshots" "https://internal.repo/snapshots";]
                 ["releases" "https://internal.repo/releases";]
                 ["alternate" "https://other.server/repo";]]

If you don't provide a repository name to deploy to, either "snapshots" or
"releases" will be used depending on your project's current version. You may
provide a repository URL instead of a name.

See `lein help deploying` under "Authentication" for instructions on
how to configure your credentials so you are not prompted on each
deploy.

You can also deploy arbitrary artifacts from disk:

    $ lein deploy myrepo com.blueant/fancypants 1.0.1 fancypants.jar pom.xml

While this works with any arbitrary files on disk, downstream projects will
not
be able to depend on jars that are deployed without a pom.

Arguments: ([] [repository] [repository identifier version & files])

So as an extra step after a normal deploy you can do:

lein deploy myrepo com.blueant/fancypants 1.0.1 fancypants-1.0.1-app.jar

This would add this jar as-is to the correct directory in myrepo.