OMG, maybe this will get my DS team more interested in clojure.

Fantastic job!

On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 1:02 PM John Newman <john.michael.new...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> 👏👏👏👏👏
>
> On Wed, Jun 5, 2019 at 12:59 PM Jonah Benton <jo...@jonah.com> wrote:
>
>> Wow, that is incredibly cool. Eager to check it out.
>>

>> On Wed, Jun 5, 2019, 12:41 PM Chris Nuernberger <ch...@techascent.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Good morning Clojurians,
>>>
>>> About 2 months ago during a talk about the tech.ml systems the point
>>> was made that if we could load the python C libraries then that would
>>> provide us with a lot more libraries to draw from.  In addition, I seem to
>>> remember one of the ML talks a concern about lack of libraries being the
>>> problem.
>>>
>>> So, in the spirit of building bridges and providing clojure with the
>>> best possible libraries for any particular problem on the planet, I took
>>> the last month and built out raw cpython (libpython3.X) bindings based on
>>> JNA.
>>>
>>> So, today after cleaning things up just a little bit I decided it was
>>> time to announce libpython-clj.  My hope is that there are enough clojuian
>>> pythonistas that we can take this library and make it an absolute joy to
>>> work with; the best python hosting environment that exists.
>>>
>>> https://github.com/cnuernber/libpython-clj
>>>
>>> Some features include:
>>>
>>> * Python dicts are represented in java as java.util.Map's.
>>> * stdout,stderr are overridden to write to *out* and *err*, respectively.
>>> * transparent access to the python interpreter from any thread.
>>> * zero-copy pathways for numpy->tech.datatype tensors and back.  So you
>>> can intermix heavy processing between clojure and python without pay a
>>> large conversion cost.
>>> * Decent performance.  This is built on the raw cpython shared library
>>> so our cost of executing or interoperating with python should not be any
>>> higher than anyone else's.
>>> * two way bridging.  Expose your JVM objects to python and vice versa.
>>>
>>> I have a simple keras demo where I use Keras from clojure to train a
>>> neural network included in the examples.  So that proves out keras and
>>> tensorflow access from clojure.
>>>
>>> I think this soundly addresses our ability to load cutting edge math and
>>> machine learning libraries.
>>>
>>> --
>>> ---
>>> Groups "Clojure" group.
>>> an email to clojure+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.
>>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/clojure/CADbpEJvOWoxZu0Y_LHi%2B36bEbcOfxCV5n0jd7mhvq8TO9MaD_w%40mail.gmail.com
>>> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/clojure/CADbpEJvOWoxZu0Y_LHi%2B36bEbcOfxCV5n0jd7mhvq8TO9MaD_w%40mail.gmail.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
>>> .
>>>
>> --
>> ---
>> "Clojure" group.
>> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/clojure/CANoO%3DwR%3Dwau9Ci%2BbCxaO_vRJXbbPoE%2B8bg_tYsUTEU9Wz3LrSA%40mail.gmail.com
> [...]

[image: chartbeat-gmail-...@2x.png]

Rick Mangi

Senior Director of Data Engineering

Chartbeat

917.848.3619 | @rmangi | r...@chartbeat.com

826 Broadway, 6th Fl., New York, NY 10003

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/clojure/CAJz_8SaNP5VhrrV1XWssR1q9qmypmkWBQ2Pe-hVphcBZhVuU1w%40mail.gmail.com.