On Thu, 24 Oct 2019 at 16:48, Anton Vodonosov <avodono...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Regarding the idea that a keyword is an identifier that designates itself,
> while a symbol is a keyword that designates something else.
>
> Keys in config file map do not designate themselves, they designate the
> corresponding map values.
>
>     {username "vasya" email "a@b.c"}

Sure, but if I'm reading the edn spec correctly, the intention is that
symbols *in isolation* should identify something. So if I just wrote:

    username

What does that identity? If it has no identity beyond itself, then it
should be a keyword. Contrast that to a symbol like:

    clojure.core/conj

We know that symbol identifies a clojure function. Even outside of a map,
it has an external identity.

--
James Reeves
booleanknot.com