This won't work unfortunately, because it means that the in-memory transaction
has already commited before the disk write is performed by the agent. If the
application crashed at that point, your write was not durable.

-- Sent from my Palm Pre
ataggart wrote:

On Jun 20, 4:59 pm, Rowdy Rednose  wrote:
> On a side-note: I actually think it can make sense to do io in
> transactions in Clojure, and I believe (knowing that transactions can
> be replayed) it is possible to use that to e.g. implement a
> transaction log written to disk that could be used to rebuild the data
> in case of a crash.

Use agents. When inside a running transaction, all agent dispatches
are held until the transaction commits.