On Fri, Sep 25, 2009 at 1:46 AM, Richard Newman <holyg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I guess this is already ticketed.  I should have searched first, sorry
> > for the noise.
>
> It's not already ticketed, even if the root cause might be the same.
> As I pointed out in my message, these are not hash maps, they're array
> maps.

It's the same root cause, and it has to do with hash maps.
When the 9-item hash map is built the bug causes its count to drop to zero
(but calling seq on it reveal there are 9 key-value pairs in it).
But, the compiler optimizes literal maps whose count is zero into the empty
array map.

So, really, it's not a bug in PersistentArrayMap and the patch against
PersistentHashMap attached to #192 fixes this behaviour.

I'm sorry to have introduced this bug.

Christophe