Thanks for the links, the last gives a good summary.

I think newlisp is great for scripting, if i were on the jvm on a large
project I'd use clojure, but for tasks that I might use ruby,python, or
perl for i find newlisp refreshingly clean and direct.

It may be warty, if warty means practical. Clojure is practical too yet
here described as an abomination, http://www.loper-os.org/?p=42 - it's
too bad folks trying to get work done get a bad wrap from those in ivory
towers.

bd