The closest thing to Lift in Clojure right now is probably Conjure:
http://github.com/macourtney/Conjure

Tutorial on Conjure:
http://wiki.github.com/macourtney/Conjure/hello-world-tutorial

It's closer to Rails than Lift. I've looked at Lift and didn't see
much advantage of it over a Rails like framework. Though, I didn't
spend much time with it.

> There are definitely some good ideas there - and I agree with most of
> the goals. But Lift, like most other page-centric web frameworks,
> seems to break one of the fundamental rules of good API design: Simple
> things should be simple.

There are no xml files or partial html template languages to learn for
Conjure. Everything is written in Clojure. Html templates are like the
templates used in Compojure. Configuration files are simply Clojure
source files. This does have some disadvantages, but I think keeping
everything in the same language will help far more than it will hurt.

I've only tentatively looked at Seaside, but I will be looking into
adding continuations to Conjure in future versions. Right now, we're
working on getting the 0.4 version out the door.

> Good question. I'm not a Java person - I looked at it a decade ago,
> decided it wasn't mature yet, and have been ignoring it since. I now
> find myself thrown into the deep end evaluating Java web frameworks to
> see if any can be co-opted for what I have in mind. Seems like the
> natural place to start is the ability to build servlets, and those can
> be grafted into whatever larger framework the user wants, but another
> two days of wading through documentation could change my mind.

Conjure uses the following libraries, you may find some of them useful
if you create your own framework:

clj-html
clj-record
ring
h2 (database)
jetty

-Matt

P.S. We're looking for more contributors to Conjure. If you or someone
you know would like to get involved, sign up on our google group at:
http://groups.google.com/group/clojure-conjure