On 19 Jan, 08:33, Laurent PETIT <laurent.pe...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Just one thought, since I also tried to convert some emacs lisp code
> to clojure recently ( paredit.el ).
>
> It seemed a good idea at first, something like :
>
> 1. I write a one-to-on conversion, using the same idioms that are used
> in CL in clojure
> 2. I write a bunch of non-regression tests
> 3. I rewrite as much as is necessary so that it becomes idiomatic
> clojure and not "CL in clojure". ( remember how some people coming
> from C world used to write "C-in-java" ? )

I know the feeling, because I am very much in the same place. Some
things about Clojure I'm just loving and believe I'm getting
idiomatically right (maps and keys as functions, orthogonal
collections, list comprehension), but other things I'm just not fully
groking yet (software transactional memory, for example)

It will come, I think!