A few months back I created very basic bindings for CL4Java (the code
for it still exists in Penumbra, under src/opencl).  It then
subsequently was renamed to JOCL, which was already in use by another
OpenCL library, and they started to work on combining their efforts,
and I decided to wait until everything was figured out on that end.
If anyone can point me in the direction of a clean binding in Java for
OpenCL (I don't care so much about utility functions, just the
underlying API), I'd be happy to take another crack at it.

Zach