Hello

If you declared clojure.examples.hello namespace, then you need to have
file hello.clj in clojure/examples/ directory. and you need to have
c:\clojure_tests in classpath, something like:

java -cp clojure.jar:c:\clojure_tests clojure.main

Paulo Sérgio Medeiros  at "Mon, 15 Feb 2010 03:13:51 -0200" wrote:
 PSM> Hello everyone,

 PSM> I think i've not figured out yet how compile and/or namespace works.

 PSM> I'm trying to execute the example posted in http://clojure.org/compilation

 PSM> I've created a file named "hello.clj" and put the clojure.jar in the same
directory (c:\clojure_tests).

 PSM> Then, i started the REPL using the command: java -cp clojure.jar
clojure.main

 PSM> And executed (compile 'clojure.examples.hello), but i'm getting the
following error:

 PSM> java.io.FileNotFoundException: Could not locate
clojure/examples/hello__init.class or clojure/examples/hello.clj on classpath:
 PSM> (NO_SOURCE_FILE:0)

 PSM> If i execute compile with a different namespace like (compile 'hello)
then i get the following error:

 PSM> java.io.IOException: The system cannot find the path specified
(hello.clj:1)

 PSM> Is there any relationship between the namespace name and the file name?
How compile determines which file is going to be compiled?

--
With best wishes, Alex Ott, MBA
http://alexott.blogspot.com/           http://alexott.net