On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 3:34 PM, Raoul Duke <rao...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mon, Mar 15, 2010 at 1:13 AM, Christophe Grand <christo...@cgrand.net>
> wrote:
>> It hasn't blocked in the sense of "wait and continue": it retries the
>> transaction after growing the history of the ref (refs have an adaptive
>> history):
>
> i'm confused about being able to set :max-history, does that not run
> the risk of breaking the correctness of things?

No, my understanding is that correctness is guaranteed by the retry.
The adaptive history is an optimization so that the retry doesn't need
to happen.  As Christophe demonstrated, the first transaction
essentially ran with a :max-history of 0 and the transaction had to
retry.  The next time around, the ref had adequate history to store
its previous state so that a retry was not needed.

Jim