On 25 March 2010 09:20, Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan <vu3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, Mar 25, 2010 at 6:38 AM, Michael Richter <ttmrich...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > On 25 March 2010 00:05, Ramakrishnan Muthukrishnan <vu3...@gmail.com>
> wrote:

> >> clojure and clojure-contrib are already in Debian (and so in Ubuntu).
> >
> > They're also dated versions.
>
> It has 1.1, which is the last stable release of clojure.
>
> $ dpkg -l clojure*
> |
> Status=Not/Inst/Cfg-files/Unpacked/Failed-cfg/Half-inst/trig-aWait/Trig-pend
> |/ Err?=(none)/Reinst-required (Status,Err: uppercase=bad)
> ||/ Name                          Version                       Description
>
> +++-=============================-=============================-==========================================================================
> ii  clojure                       1.1.0+dfsg-1                  a Lisp
> dialect for the JVM
> ii  clojure-contrib               1.1.0-2                       a user
> contributed set of libraries for clojure

Weird.  I'm showing 1.0 for those.

mich...@isolde:~$ aptitude search clojure
p   clojure                                                   - a Lisp
dialect for the JVM
mich...@isolde:~$ aptitude show clojure
Package: clojure
New: yes
State: not installed
Version: 1.0.0+dfsg-1~jaunty1
 Clojure is a dynamic programming language that targets the Java Virtual
Machine. It is designed to be a general-purpose language,
 combining the approachability and interactive development of a scripting
language with an efficient and robust infrastructure for
 multithreaded programming. Clojure is a compiled language - it compiles
directly to JVM bytecode, yet remains completely dynamic.
 Every feature supported by Clojure is supported at runtime. Clojure
provides easy access to the Java frameworks, with optional type
 hints and type inference, to ensure that calls to Java can avoid
reflection.

 Clojure is a dialect of Lisp, and shares with Lisp the code-as-data
philosophy and a powerful macro system. Clojure is
 predominantly a functional programming language, and features a rich set of
immutable, persistent data structures. When mutable
 state is needed, Clojure offers a software transactional memory system and
reactive Agent system that ensure clean, correct,
 multithreaded designs.
Homepage: http://clojure.org

--
"Perhaps people don't believe this, but throughout all of the discussions of
entering China our focus has really been what's best for the Chinese people.