On Apr 7, 12:25 am, Sophie <itsme...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Just curious
>   - what folks think of fixed-positional-keyword params
>   - whether it was considered for Clojure

I don't know for certain whether Rich ever considered smalltalk-style
parameters, but I doubt it.

I do like them, though; in Objective-C and Smalltalk. They're
extremely readable and natural in an object-oriented language (or a
message-oriented one, anyway). However, I don't think they are a very
good fit for a Lisp.

Expressing positionally fixed keyword parameters in terns of lists,
symbols and keywords feels clunky and unnatural to me, but the greater
problem is that they also make some very common functional patterns
cumbersome: most notably function application (ie. apply),
composition, and higher-order functions.