We use flying saucer/itext , an example of this from clojure can be seen on
my blog at:

http://www.talios.com/connecting_the_clouds__the_internet_in_new_zealand_in_pdf.htm

This is some old clojure code and is quite nasty, but its only really the
last 5 lines you need for the flying saucer stuff.

This does XHTML+CSS->PDF.

--
Pull me down under...