On Thu, Jun 17, 2010 at 9:06 PM, Stuart Halloway
<stuart.hallo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> It will be much easier for people to write fast library code (including in
> Clojure and contrib). So if you ever use Clojure libraries, you will get a
> speed boost.

I am skeptical of this claim.  Since static functions lose some of
their dynamism, I don't think library writers are going to rush to
convert all their code over to the "fast" format.  I think library
writers will care the most about ensuring their functions play well
with Clojure's dynamic ecosystem, and so, as before, type-optimized
code will be written only sparingly.  (I'll admit though, I don't
fully understand yet which dynamic features are lost by static
functions, and how much of an impact it will have, so I could be wrong
about this.  Just wanted to throw this out as something to consider.)