Hey Meikel,

On Jun 17, 10:48 pm, Meikel Brandmeyer <m...@kotka.de> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Jun 18, 1:35 am, viksit <vik...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > (loop for x in '(a b c d e)
> >       for y in '(1 2 3 4 5)
> >       collect (list x y) )
>
> > ((A 1) (B 2) (C 3) (D 4) (E 5))
>
> > Are there any good (and idiomatic) methods to achieve this using a
> > Clojure loop construct?
>
> user=> (map vector [:a :b :c :d :e] [1 2 3 4 5])
> ([:a 1] [:b 2] [:c 3] [:d 4] [:e 5])

Oh yes, thanks. I know about using the map method - I was just
wondering if Clojure's loop supports (or has any plans to support) the
loop construct as in CL (http://www.cs.cmu.edu/Groups/AI/html/cltl/clm/
node235.html). And if not, then are there any ways to "loop" through 2
lists in parallel.

Cheers
Viksit