> I actually agree with you that the typical block of lisp code is less
> readable than the typical block of python. It bugs me when lisp
> advocates present s-expr syntax as the "right" way instead of the
> engineering tradeoff that it is.

This is mostly due to Python's "There is only one obvious way to do it"
which makes reading code much simpler. On the other hand it is possible but
harder to make lisp code as readable (my code became much more readable
after I discovered the threading macros for instance) and often lisp is
harder to read per line but does much more in that small amount of space
than another language would. Same principle as yet another Java class full
of getters and setters being trivial to read but not getting much done per
line.