The clojure way seems to be to do as much as possible with functions
on raw (immutable) data, rather than building up object systems.  The
sequence is already one of clojure's primary abstractions, and it may
not always *need* to wrapped in something like defrecord.  (Though for
some applications, I'm sure it will.)

Anyway, I'd be interested in contributing, whatever design decisions
are ultimately made.

Rob