>> the true launcher will always be the java JVM executable, and I'm
>> not sure this is something we should really try and hide.

I think it should be hidden, at least for newbies.  Maven hides it - I
invoke 'mvn' and have no idea how it invokes java.  I don't know what jars
it puts in the classpath, etc., and I don't need to know.  Lein hides it too
and I like that.

Ideally a clojure installation package would include lein and a launcher
that utilized lein for clojure-contrib.jar etc.

Steve