I've been following this too, and have not heard anything in a while.  I
know that Luc Prefontaine was trying to get terracotta to work with Clojure
as well.  I have not heard any news recently.  A potentially more
straightforward solution for distributed processing right now is swarmiji.
 With this it seems you need to be more explicit about dispatching in
swarmiji, where as in Terracotta, at least as I understand it not having
tried it out, your agents will automatically find a machine to run on, just
as they run on some thread when your JVM is running the normal way on a
single machine.