On Aug 9, 5:08 am, rob <r.p.l...@gmail.com> wrote:
> As far as I can tell, based on using it so far, the war plugin for
> leiningen requires writing a web.xml file.  I was just wondering why
> it doesn't generate that xml file for you based on the information
> you've specified already in leiningen.  Would that be a good
> contribution to make, or are there reasons why it is preferable to
> write out the xml file?

I hadn't thought about that. If you can come up with a way of doing it
that would be supercool and I'd be happy to pull in your changes. One
thing to look out for is that some people (me included) mix Java and
Clojure servlets and so there still needs to be a way of manually
writing a web.xml for people that want it.

Possible approaches I can think of are:
1. making automatic generation only happen if there is no web.xml
2. add automatic generation as an option (either in project.clj or on
the command line)
3. write an alternative plugin (e.g lein-webxml) that uses the hooks
feature of leiningen to produce a web.xml when lein war is called.

Saul