I think the point is missed with this example.

Given your hello world example, how much effort does it take you to
add URL args, make it operate like a RESTful resource, change the
route that triggers it, add user sessions, address security concerns,
template out responses, tweak those templates without touching the
code, etc.

Some in that list are easy to do via the method above, others are
painstaking.

What you give up in simplicity, you gain in extensibility and
scalability (often, not always).  This is true across almost all of
the primary non-functional requirements.

A good framework is one that lets you build up to a problem, using
only the pieces you need and minimizing the time you spend operating
with the framework.  The mindset in this community naturally
gravitates to that solution (function and component combination), but
you can find it in other frameworks/languages (Pylons is a great
example).

Paul