On Sep 18, 3:00 am, David McNeil <mcneil.da...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Is there a disk-backed memoize available? I have an application where
> I would like the cache of values to survive restarts of the app.

I don't know of one but in the next few weeks I was planning to add
memcache functionality to cache-dot-clj to support my use of the
google app engine:
http://github.com/alienscience/cache-dot-clj

The scary thing for me is reliably serialising and hashing the
function arguments. If this is done, adding other (out of process)
storage should be quite easy. I normally cache database accesses but I
guess you're trying to memoize something much slower.

Would JDBC suit your needs as a storage medium? You could use H2,
HSQLDB or Derby by adding a dependency in your build tool of choice.
If this is of interest I'll add it.

Also, if you come up with a solution sooner, I'd be eager to steal
your code.

Saul