Dear Clojure group,

I am currently reading chapter 9.1 MySQL & clj-record of 'Clojure in
Action'.

clj-record seems pretty awesome, but I once again got lost in
namespace jungle.

Here is a concrete example:

File 1: src/active-record/credentials.clj
[Database credentials]

(ns active-record.credentials)

(def db
     {:classname "com.mysql.jdbc.Driver"
      :subprotocol "mysql"
      :user "xxxx"
      :password "xxxx"
      :subname "//localhost:3306/damages_dev"
      })

File 2: src/active-record/user.clj
[Belongs to the database name with the name 'users']

(ns active-record.user
  (:use [active-record.credentials :only [db]])
  (:require clj-record.boot))

  (clj-record.core/init-model
   (:associations
    (has-many charges)))

File 3: src/active-record/charge.clj
[Belongs to the database name with the name 'charges']

(ns active-record.user
  (:use [active-record.credentials :only [db]])
  (:require clj-record.boot))

  (clj-record.core/init-model
   (:associations
    (has-many charges)))

I want to add/remove/alter table entries in a different file:

File 4: src/active-record/program/core.clj

All my efforts to import the user.clj and charge.clj namespaces have
failed so far. For example, I have tried the following namespace
declaration:

 (ns active-record.program.core
   (:require [active-record.user :as user])
   (:require [active-record.charge :as charge])
     (:require clj-record.boot))

(user/create
 {:login "rob"
:first_name "Robert"
:last_name "Berger"
:password "secret"
:email_address "r...@runa.com"})

;; No such var: user/create
;;  [Thrown class java.lang.Exception]

This one doesn't work either:

 (ns active-record.program.core
   (:require [active-record.user :as user])
   (:require [active-record.charge :as charge]))

;; EOF while reading
;;  [Thrown class java.lang.Exception]

Can anybody tell me what went wrong in the example above?

Stefan