On Tue, Oct 26, 2010 at 9:27 AM, Chris <christopher.ma...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Come to think of it, it might be cool to write doc strings in a kind
> of "Clojure-flavored Markdown"... that'd give us images, links, lists,
> formatting, etc.  It's also got the benefit of being a familiar
> format, and easy to read in unprocessed form.

I like that idea, especially if it could be extended to reference other code:

(defn foo
   "Creates an echo server using
[create-server][ref:clojure.contrib.server-socket/create-server].
Returns the result of the create-server call which can be shutdown by
using [close-server][ref:clojure.contrib.server-socket/close-server]."
   [bar]
   ...)

I think it'd be easy enough, the markdown compiler would just know
that certain prefixes to references are treated differently.

http://www.apgwoz.com