On Nov 27, 6:24 am, Sunil S Nandihalli <sunil.nandiha...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> Hello,
>  I would like to know if it is possible to find out the name of the
> structure from its instance. my attempt to use the function class is not
> giving me any useful info. It kept saying that it is  a structmap and
> nothing more...
> Regards,
> Sunil

Structures created with defstruct or create-struct do not store a
name. They only store the keys.

If you look at the source of defstruct:

user=> (source defstruct)
(defmacro defstruct
  "Same as (def name (create-struct keys...))"
  {:added "1.0"}
  [name & keys]
  `(def ~name (create-struct ~...@keys)))

you can see that the name is not even passed to create-struct. Only
the keys are. So the struct type cannot tell you its name.

- Chris