Thanks for your input --- I'm hoping that some of this stuff is
already written with performance optimizations and the like.

I'm wondering if people have had experience with java libraries of
that sort and might have some recommendations.

Anyone use clojure for scientific data analysis? What do you find
helpful to use?

--Robert McIntyre