On Sun, 19 Dec 2010 21:24:42 -0500
Ken Wesson <kwess...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Sun, Dec 19, 2010 at 8:25 PM, Tim Daly <d...@axiom-developer.org> wrote:
> >

> > On 12/19/2010 8:20 PM, Ken Wesson wrote:

> >> Out of curiosity, which "several things" were these?
> >
> > http://www.infoq.com/presentations/Are-We-There-Yet-Rich-Hickey
>
> "Please install Flash Player".
>
> Has everyone on this list developed a sudden allergy to plain text and
> HTML? First I get pointed to a 34-minute video, and now this. A simple
> bulleted list with a brief precis about each item would have sufficed;
> a multi-megabyte install of an executable and who knows how much
> futzing around, overkill.

Let me second that - especially since flash isn't available for my
normal mail platform, so the kludges required to run it make it even
flakier than what Jobs objects to, and tends to hose performance there
no end.

Yes, somethings may best be presented on video, but all to often
people try pass videos off as documentation (*). Even when video is
actually the best choice, the least you could do is post something in
an actual video format, and not as an executable for a poorly
documented, proprietary VM that has had more than one security issue
in the past.

   <mike

* A video isn't documentation. I can leave documentation open to the
relevant page, and search it for the relevant phrases. A video may be
educational, but that doesn't make it documentation.
--
Mike Meyer <m...@mired.org>             http://www.mired.org/consulting.html