Be sure to also implement the version of get which takes a not-found
argument so that your objects will work with map code which uses this
functionality.

(defrecord map-like-object [field-1 field-2 etc]
  clojure.lang.IFn
  (invoke [this k] (get this k))
  (invoke [this k not-found] (get this k not-found)))

sincerely,
--Robert McIntryre