Hello,
  I was just using the very useful clojure.contrib.trace and had a
worry about using it with clojure 1.3. At the moment I just (use '
clojure.contrib.trace). As I see it,  in future I will have to update
my project.clj to include clojure.contrib.trace, run lein deps and
restart my development environment.

One way to be lazy in situations like this is to use the complete
clojure.contrib as a dev dependency. However, this fix has the
disadvantage that missing dependencies for the deployed application
will not be seen until deployment.

I had an idea of creating a dummy dependency that includes useful
development libraries from contrib such as the repl utils, namespace
utils and trace. I could put this on clojars but I was wondering if it
would be better in contrib in the same was as clojure.contrib/
complete?

Saul