Thanks for the reply Armando,

This is pretty much where i was until I was asked to write a dot.net client
library for my server.

I then looked at all my Java code and figured I could write a second copy in
C# and then keep the two in sync for ever after, or port it all to Clojure
and let ClojureCLR do the work...

I guess I can't have my cake and eat it.

In a perfect world, I would be able to sprinkle some extra metadata around
my defprotocol to give Java classes implementing it whatever generics
goodness they require - but I can understand this being low on Clojure's
TODO list :-)

Jules