Hi!

I'm using Clojure 1.2.0, Moustache 1.0.0-SNAPSHOT and Appengine-magic 0.4.0.

My Article entity has a "body" property for text. The default String property doesn't handle long text, so it needs to be a Text property.

In https://github.com/thurn/ackbar, I found:
---
(ns <snip>
  (:import (com.google.appengine.api.datastore
            EntityNotFoundException Text)))

<snip>
(ds/save! (Post. url title (Text. body) ts in-feed? category))
---

This use of the Text constructor seems to be consistent with the Java documentation for App Engine.

But if I do the same, I get:
"java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Don't know how to create ISeq from: com.google.appengine.api.datastore.Text"

(One notable difference is that the ackbar I'm looking at uses appengine-magic 0.3.2.)

I also tried ds/as-text as briefly mentioned on https://github.com/gcv/appengine-magic#readme, but same error message as above.

(ds/as-text (Text. body)), too, but (Text. (ds/save body)) leads to:
"com.google.appengine.api.datastore.Text cannot be cast to java.lang.String"

Any ideas?

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: