Hi,

Am Freitag, 29. April 2011 08:43:10 UTC+2 schrieb Ken Wesson:

> Yeah, that works if you have the object in hand and it's not wrapped
> or anything. Of course it has the same problem: which component are
> you interested in? I guess in this case you might strip everything
> before the last $, and anything starting with __ at the end, to get a
> more meaningful name, though you'll sometimes get "fn" that way.

This is not a problem. What is meaningful depends on the application. So the
name should provide the full path to the function. Then one can distinguish
each function. Anonymous functions don't have a name - obviously - but a
number. A function nameing scheme cannot assume that only the part after the
last $ without __ddd is meaningful if it tries to be applicable in general.
This is basically the old "stacktrace" problem: a library cannot assume what
of a stracktrace is of interest, because it is application dependent.

Sincerely
Meikel