Hi David,

I can only comment on a subset of your post.

Records can be cumbersome to work with during early stages of development,
when
everything is rather volatile (when isn't it?).

You might like to try using maps instead. They are easier to work with when
you are
working out what properties you need in your records. It's also
straightforward to convert
from maps to records.

Of course there are downsides to this (speed, lack of types) but it can be a
useful strategy.

Thanks,
Ambrose