Sean,

What are your thoughts on handling connection pooling in clojure.java.jdbc.
We currently use c3po for connection pooling at Geni, but it seems that
won't work as expected with the new shared thread bindings in Clojure 1.3.
Since, the binding that holds the connection would be shared with child
threads, the parent would be using the same connection as the children,
which won't work since JDBC connections are not thread safe.

It seems to me that moving the connection pooling into clojure.java.jdbc
would be the only way to save multithreaded code from having to deal with
this complexity. Perhaps there is even some connection pooling code that
could be factored out into a separate contrib library as this will be a
common problem for any code that relied on non-shared bindings in 1.2 for
thread safe connections.

Justin