Thanks for letting us know Meikel. These are similar issues that we have
encountered
with the jark client.

We are planning to rewrite it in Haskell (currently Python), I'm sure there
will be similarities between a potential
VimClojure client.

I have tried to tinker with VimClojure but sadly never got it building with
gradle+clojuresque.
I will have another go soon.

What version of gradle (and clojuresque) is VimClojure known to build with?

Thanks,
Ambrose