On Sun, 22 May 2011 18:09:50 -0400, Jason Wolfe <ja...@w01fe.com> wrote:

1.  The usual repl entry point is not used, and so, e.g., (set! *warn-
on-reflection* true) fails.

Thanks, I raised an issue to track this https://github.com/hugoduncan/swank-clj/issues/8

2.  I could not figure out a way to browse exception chains.
Typically the "real" stack trace for an exception is reached by
repeatedly calling .getCause on the exception until the innermost
exception is reached, but right now I can't see how to access causes
in the swank-clj debugger.  For example try:

There is no support for exception chains. The reasoning behind this is that swank-clj can catch the original exception, before it gets caught and re-thrown in the program. At the moment, there is some rigid filtering of exceptions that means in some cases the original exception is not caught.

I am hoping that improved (user modifiable) filtering of exceptions based on thrown type, throw location and catch location, will obviate the need for handling exception chains in the interface. Does that sound reasonable?

If you want, I'm happy to help out on these.  Thanks for the great
work!

All help appreciated - if you can, I would prefer pull requests from feature branches. There is lots to be done, especially around adding test cases to get the project to the point where we can make changes with confidence.

Raising issues for broken slime features would also be useful.

--
Hugo Duncan